Friday, January 4, 2013

When A Dream Finally Becomes A Reality

I am no stranger to the Dreamers in Doers network. As a matter of fact, it was because of the Dreamers Network that I was able to attend a luncheon with my fellow Dreamers in New York back in 2010. I was also blessed with the life changing opportunity to recite one of my poems at the charity luncheon for the ladies of Safe Horizon Shelter. I came back from New York motivated more than ever to pursue my goals and dreams.
 
Then on Feb 5, 2011, my little sister Lastohia died suddenly leaving behind a husband and two little ones. My world crashed. Her cause of death is still unknown.
For the past two years, I have been struggling to get back on track. I poured myself into charity work. I figured if I could help someone else who was in pain, I could forget my own. So, my husband and I started a job training program for low income women. It was during this program that I saw first hand the need to not only provide job training but also to teach young women how to be positive productive women in the community. They didn't know how to make a house a home, parent or prepare healthy meals. They struggled with self esteem, trust and forgiveness. We were given one year to work with 27 young women in the community and it proved to be a wonderful success.
 
This job training program inspired me to continue my services through my blogs and online webisodes. In a world where reality TV has totally tarnished what it truly means to be a woman, wife, mom and family I have decided to dedicate my career to restablishing the standard and principles of life through my business Elite Living.
My mission is to provide others with the tools they need to achieve Elite Living even while on a tight budget. Subscribers can visit my blog and online webisodes of Elite Living to gain access to the resources they need to grow in the areas of:
  • Home and Health
  • Education and Career Goals
  • Parenting
  • Marriage
  • Healthy Friendships
  • Social Skills
People don't know how to make the best of what they have until they can achieve better. My job is to show them "how to make do with what they got until they get better." So join me and subscribe to my blog today! Just enter your email into the "Follow Me by Email" at the top right hand corner of this page. (Don't forget to confirm your email)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Simple (January Issue)

Life Simple- February Issue

Life Simple - March

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs