Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Beef Stew

I made this Beef Stew for Sunday dinner. I was surprised at the number of requests for the recipe after I posted a pic on Facebook. I found myself having a "uh-oh" moment because I didn't measure a single ingredient. This warm and tasty crock pot meal was made based on love and not measurements. So here is what I can do, I am posting the ingredients and cooking method I used. I suggest you measure the ingredients based on your tastes and amount of servings needed. The full effect of the flavor is in the gravy made from the stock.

Prep Time for this meal is about 30 minutes.
Ingredients
Beef Stew Meat
Red Potatoes (in medium sized cubes)
Carrots (chopped)
Large Onion
Chicken Bouillon Cubes (Yes I said Chicken)
Meat Tenderizer
Black Pepper
Worcestershire Sauce
Dale Seasoning Sauce
Flour

Turn crock pot on to low or high heat (Consider how long it will be before you serve dinner when deciding)Wash meat and add to crock pot filled with two thirds water. Although, some people choose not to, I prefer to change water before adding the other ingredients. I do this by boiling the stew meat for about thirty minutes to allow the fat to surface in the water. Then I carefully pour out the water and refill the crock pot three quarters full with hot water (again the water needed is based on your serving amount).

Add bouillon cubes, meat tenderizer, black pepper, potatoes, carrots and onion. Cook until meat and veggies are tender.

Pour stock from meat and veggies into a sauce pan on medium heat. Season to taste with Worcestershire and Dale seasoning sauce. In a separate bowl and with a fork, mix one cup water and 1/2 cup flour. Blend until consistency is smooth (you don't want flour clumps in your gravy). Slowly add flour mixture into sauce pan. Remember to continue to stir as you add flour mixture. Cook gravy on low heat until thickened. Slowly pour gravy back into crock pot and slow cook for additional five minutes. Your measurements for the ingredients may be more of less so experiment and let me know how it turns out. The response to this recipe has become a solid reminder me to always measure for the readers of my blog!

You can serve this on a bed of rice, with cornbread or as a hearty soup with crackers. See below for a coupon on one of the ingredients. Enjoy!!!

Coupon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Simple (January Issue)

Life Simple- February Issue

Life Simple - March

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs