Thursday, January 10, 2013

Slap Yo Momma Stuffed Peppers

Disclaimer: I am not a dietitian and my recipes have not been certified by a nutritionist. My recipes are not totally carb-free. However, I am blessed to report we have begun to lose weight since we've reduced our carb intake. I'm not trying to diet as much as I am trying to change the way I eat. My hubby and I are low carbing it by removing a carb at each meal. For example, no toast at breakfast and no rice or potatos at dinner. Whenever we do eat them (carbs), they are low in portion amounts. Once again, along with exercise, this is working for us. It might not work for you. So you decide what's best.

I must say, these stuffed peppers are low in carbs and are slap yo momma good!

Ingredients
4 Bell Peppers (washed with tops and seeds removed)
1 lb Jimmy Dean Maple Sausage
1cup (divided into two equal parts) Shredded Cheese (we used velveeta queso blanco)
1/4 tsp Chili powder
1/4 cup Bacon Bits
1/4 cup Fried Onions (optional)
1/3 cup Sun dried tomato
Parsley

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
On medium heat, crumble and cook sausage until done. In a separate bowl combine chili powder, 1/2 cup cheese, bacon bits, parsley and sun dried tomato. Mix well.
Spoon mixture in pepper halves.
Top with fried onions and remaining cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes and Serve!
My goal is to get my cheese a little more bubbly the next time I make these;)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Simple (January Issue)

Life Simple- February Issue

Life Simple - March

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs