Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Our Master Bedroom Makeover: Bit by Bit

A few weeks ago I made a post on Facebook about my decision to give both myself and my home a complete makeover. The post mentioned my champagne taste versus my koolaid budget. I don't even drink! Still, I'm not going to let that stop me from turning my home into the castle of my dreams. Below is a picture of one section in my bedroom. I know! I know! It's looks really basic right now, but stay tuned because this is just the start! I've decided to share the journey with you as I complete room projects. Just because you can't do it all at once doesn't mean it can't be done at all. So let's get started!


Our son outgrew his bed, so we gave him ours and bought a new bedroom set for our room. We purchased the six piece Renova Vintage Blackwood bedroom set from Overstock. We painted the walls Requisite Gray using Valspar eggshell paint. The comforter and sheet set is also from Overstock. I had a couple of decorative pillows left from my old comforter set so I added them to make the bed look fuller. I decided to go with the 600 thread count sheet set. Cheaper sheets tend to start knotting and feel rough on the skin. You'd be surprised how much of a difference a good set of sets can make in your sleep quality. 

I am still trying figure out how to sweet talk my hubby into getting rid of the big old alarm clock pictured on the nightstand. We bought it when we first got married and he's grown attached to that ugly thing. I even bought him a new one with bluetooth for Christmas one year and he claimed it was too "complicated" to use. LOL and SMH. As I said earlier, this just the beginning of my vision for our bedroom. I look forward expanding the view, as I add subtile pieces to the room's decor bit by bit.



2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful!!! I can't wait to start on mine. Being lazy. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, first you need to make a plan, actually a list that will consist the furniture items that needed to be renovated along with a little description of what you actually want to do with it. buffet units

    ReplyDelete

Life Simple (January Issue)

Life Simple- February Issue

Life Simple - March

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs