Saturday, September 1, 2012

My Sister's 2nd Birthday in Heaven

Her Angels
This Labor Day weekend also marks what would have been my sister's 32nd birthday here on earth. Instead, Latoshia celebrates her 2nd birthday in Heaven. Tomorrow morning my family and I will release birthday balloons into the heavens in honor of her memory. We can't see her children this weekend so it's a little difficult but still I am greatful to God for those two precious angels.

She lives on through their smiles and comical antics.

Top Left  Right: Bridgett and Angela
Bottom Left to Right: Tommy Jr and Latoshia
I pray I don't offend anyone when I say this but I find myself a fan of certain scenes from the TV reality show "The Braxtons." I usually don't promote reality TV because of it's negative impact on the its' viewers but I can't help but giggle from some (notice I said SOME) of their sisterly quarrels. It reminds me so much of my own sisters. To some degree The Braxtons are like an "unsaved" version of who we are as sisters. Tamar reminds me of Toshia because she is the comical loud one. Towanda is a mix of me and Angela because of her militant demeanor. Even though she is my least favorite of the sisters, Toni and I are alike because she's the oldest and because of her tone of voice. My sisters used to tell me when we would bicker "We hate that calm counselor's voice of yours!" (I knew they hated it that's why I did it..lol)

I must admit, I'm still not happy with having to live life without Toshia. But still I've learned a lot. I'm learning what it truly means to love unconditionally. I'm learning to make the most of each moment. I'm learning how to help others in spite of my own pain. I'm learning what it truly means to forgive. I'm learning that what I thought was the breaking of me is actually the making of me.

This weekend I encourage you to enjoy your families. Make the most of each moment and if it's possible make amends with those who you haven't spoken to in a while. Even if your love is initially rejected, leave it on the table for them to accept when they are ready and walk away knowing that you did what was right in the eyes of God.

Labor Day is about celebrating the economic and social contributions of American workers. Let's also celebrate our family members who gave of themselves so that we could be where we are today.Make your Labor Day your Labor to Love. Drive Safe, Eat Hearty, Laugh Hard, Take Pictures, Be Silly and Make Memories.
Left to Right: Toshia and Bridgett

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Simple (January Issue)

Life Simple- February Issue

Life Simple - March

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs