Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Good Fight

Any one who truly knows me understands that I am always game for a good fight…..That’s if the issue is worth fighting for. But sometimes I get tired of fighting. Sometimes I wish that at the snap of a finger, issues are resolved and needs are fulfilled. Some of you reading this blog right now are tired. You didn’t feel like getting out of bed this morning. You didn’t feel like going into work. You didn’t feel like cleaning, preparing lunches or getting the kids ready for school. Some of you parents are already dreading the chores that lie in wait after work…..

 I feel you…

This morning I don’t feel like adding to my 60 plus hour workweek as a volunteer Executive Director at a community center operating on a shoe string budget. I don’t feel like going to another meeting only to spend the majority of it trying to reassure others that we are here to help and not compete. I don’t feel like thinking. I thought feel like motivating. Today, I miss my sister. Today, I want to put on her sweater, remember her smell and cry for her. Today, I want to be bored with laziness. But just like most of you who understands the importance of your child getting to school time with a healthy lunch. Or like those you who understand that if you don’t work, you don’t eat…I understand that my call is bigger than my flesh.

This I wanted to encourage those of you who are tired to flip the script and work through tired. Operate in TIRED.

Try to Inspire and Rejoice while Educating and please remain Determined!

Father God in the name of Jesus, we thank you for life, health and strength. Father, I ask that you keep your loving arms of protection around us as we go to and fro. I pray productivity and profound favor upon every person who’s reading this email. I pray energy, determination and joy upon weary souls. I thank you in advance for turning this sluggish morning into an awesome day. I pray your light shines on everyone we encounter and that they see you in us. Father, we thank you. We give you all the glory, honor and praise…Amen.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Simple (January Issue)

Life Simple- February Issue

Life Simple - March

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs