Monday, October 21, 2013

Imitation Flattery

We've all heard the saying "Imitation is the biggest form of flattery"; to some degree it is, but it can also be the greatest form of irritation. When you are trying to make your mark in the world, the last thing you need is for someone to come along and seemingly try to steal your idea before you can even make a footprint in the sand.
 
  
The harsh reality is, there is nothing you can do about copy catters. They have always been around and will always be. There will always be a Dr. Pepper and a Mr. Pibb. The question is who would you prefer to be? An authentic original or a copy cat version. Mr. Pibb tastes good but still this beverage brand does not appeal on a "high end" level. It costs less to make and is even cheaper to buy, ergo..."You get what you pay for."
  
I understand there is nothing new under the sun (Ecclesiastes 1:9). And I know there will always be others who will be an inspiration to me. Still, I choose to be an authentic original of what God called me to be as a business woman. I choose to take what I already have along with what inspires me and strategically work to create a BMackWrites original.
  
I'll end with this advice...
  • Always protect your work. Copyright and patent your creations.
  • Be careful who you share your vision with.
  • Don't be afraid to take risks in Faith.
  • BE THE BEST YOU YOU CAN BE!!! 
B's Research to Review..
Click the links below to learn more about copyrights and patents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Simple (January Issue)

Life Simple- February Issue

Life Simple - March

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs